Wednesday, September 10, 2008

23 Things & Wine

Evening sweeties - finding the best way to deal with technology is with a little grape juice - fortified of course. It's one of the great passions of my life - wine. Just savouring the delights of a 2005 Angel White - a semillon, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay blend from Western Australia. It's produced by the fabulously named The Wine & Truffle Co. Mmmmmm. Each blog, I'll try to share with you some of the lovely wines - mostly Australian - I purchase and share with friends and family, of course. Certainly interested to hear from other interested enthusiastic buffs. Don't really go in for the "errr, I think it comes from the upper slopes of the hill and smells of sweaty saddles and tastes of rambunctious berries, stepped through by prunes and finishing with a burst of starshine" type of appreciation. Piffle, I splutter ... it's bloody good grapejuice so enjoy. Yes, I can taste the differences in wine, but I try not to get carried away unlike some of the winetasters' notes in some of my favourite wine mags - obtainable from the local library.

Anyhow, cheers.

2 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

Well this is a blog I shall be avidly reading! I subscribe to the same wine appreciation philosophy as you do... it tastes good cos it tastes good, not because it has notes of elderberry and gym socks.

We shall have to uncork something together some time!

Anon. said...

I drained a bottle of Chilean wine called Casillero Del Diablo the other week. A 2007 merlot. Never had it before and wanted to try something new. This one caught my eye because of "del Diablo". I often judge a book by it's cover but it can pay off, and in this case it paid off very well! Best merlot I've had to date (and I drink a lot of merlot).